The Primary objectives of the Great Central Railway Rolling Stock Trust are as follows:
- To be a non-profit making body, seeking funding solely to meet the following objectives:
- To own, lease or hire rolling stock of railway or road origin, or related artefacts, emanating from the former Great Central Railway or its predecessors.
- To restore, preserve and maintain such stock in original or near original specification, and where feasible in operating condition.
- To collect, collate and research historical information, data, plans and records relating to the design, build and operation of the rolling stock of the Great Central Railway and its predecessors.
- To share, make available and to provide historical and practical knowledge on an informal and formal educational basis.
- To provide and to ensure the preservation in perpetuity of all those properties obtained.
- To own, lease, hire or share such premises as are appropriate to the furtherance of the Trust.
- To demonstrate, exhibit or operate such items, in safe and sound condition, for hire, reward or some other remuneration, solely to assist in the funding of the maintenance and renovation of the Trust's stock.
- To operate within the Code of Practice adopted by the Museums Commision in the collection and disposal of the Trust's collection.
19th January, 2003